Imperative partnered with LinkedIn to study more than 25,000+ LinkedIn members to understand their connection to purpose. Purpose-Oriented workers:
- Show different concentrations by country from 23% in Saudi Arabia, to 53% in Sweden
- Vary by industry from 32% in Oil/Energy to 45% in Government, Education, and Non-Profit
- Score higher in key career metrics and require distinct approaches for recruiting
We surveyed a representative sample of the workforce to understand the prevalence of purpose and associated benefits of working with purpose.
- Purpose-oriented workers represent 28% of the labor market
- Purpose-oriented workers score higher in all key metrics including expected tenure, fulfillment and eNPS
- Women are 50% more likely to embrace purpose than men
We surveyed students at three leading universities to understand their orientation to purpose and expectations for their careers.
- X% of college students are Purpose-Oriented
- 31% of college students would like to declare a purpose instead of a major
- Purpose-oriented students evaluate career opportunities differently
We gathered leaders from nearly every industry for a summit to explore the intersection of purpose and work. With tracks covering the individual career journey, organizational strategies, and societal implications for purpose at work, we compiled this insights report of key findings, ideas, and future goals. The purpose summit report shares the structure of the summit, keynotes, and breakout session insights.DOWNLOAD REPORT